Congratulations to the 2012 Manitoba Spinal Cord Injury Research Committee (MSCIRC) awardees!
The SCRC would like to congratulate the following on receiving the 2012 MSCIRC award.
The Manitoba Spinal Cord Injury Research Committee is a Committee of The Canadian Paraplegic Association (Manitoba) Inc. Funding is provided by the Government of Manitoba.
- Dr. Eftekhar Eftekharpour. Project title: "Application of Protein Transduction Technology in treatment of spinal cord injury."
- Dr. Karen Ethans, Dr. Alan Casey & Dr. H. Chaudhary. Project title: "The Use of the Peristeen Bowel Irrigation System for People with Cauda Equina Syndrome."
- Dr. Brent Fedirchuk. Project title: "The regulation of spinal motor excitability during motor output."
- Dr. Sari Hannila. Project title: "Reducing astroglial scarring after spinal cord injury through SLPI-mediated downregulation of Smad2."
- Dr. Soheila Karimi. Project title: "Enhancing axonal protection and remyelination after spinal cord injury by neuregulin-1 therapy through a bioengineered drug delivery approach."