Recent Changes to SCRC Data Capture and Analysis Software
(From March 1991 to January 1993)
G. R. Detillieux
Spinal Cord Research Centre,
The University of Manitoba,
Winnipeg, Canada R3E 0J9
- A new analysis method was added:
"W.F. L.D.P. level vs cycle duration".
- Waveform averages now correctly check the window size for validity.
(Too large a window used to trigger an internal error.)
- Cycle-based analyses can now treat the whole run as a single cycle,
by setting the "Cycle W.F. #" to -1.
- The "Raw waveform display" will now simply omit the trace, but still
show the frame positions, when the "Mark frame positions on W.F." option
is set and the "Amplitude Trace #" selects a non-existent trace.
Low-resolution waveforms are now better handled as well, with their data
points accurately aligned to the X-axis.
- When there are too many bins to display in a trace or waveform average,
the program will not attempt to display them.
This used to mess up the screen and sometimes trigger an internal error.
- The "Extend interpolation" now correctly positions the partial segment
for a signal dropping into the displayed range.
(It used to start too far to the left.)
- The preview of an average now correctly recovers when you select
"Quit" from the cursor reading menu, to disable the "Get cursor readings"
- The "Raw waveform display" will always redisplay on a "Go" with the
"Get cursor readings" option enabled.
- The "Trace averaging based on W.F. level" now detects when the "# bins- avg"
parameter is changed, and recalculates on a "Go".
- Minor fixes to visual parameter setting displays.
- The Z operator has been added to "Run/Calc", to allow zero-lag filtering of
- Added support for the automatic calibration system used at Panum Institute.
- The user-specified sampling rate is now adjusted to what
the hardware can provide,
before it is used in any calculations.
- Cap now always takes the default.cap file from the current directory.
It used to get confused if "." wasn't in your PATH environment variable.
- Added the "C" command to begin capture.
(The former "C" command, for conversion rate, is now "Z".)
- The parameter editing used to abort when you selected more than 16 channels,
due to a bug in the channel information feature added in the last version.
This has been fixed, and now indicates an error condition.
- An obscure timeout bug involving very large queue buffers has been fixed.
This sometimes triggered a false "Buffer overrun" condition, when the
"Queue Buffer Length" was set to 5 seconds or more.
- A new "Marker" feature has been added to the labelling facility, to add
tags to features on the drawing.
- The Clip operation gives more headroom for setting the Y range visually.
A new "Y" command within this operation allows you to specify
the exact range manually.
- The Clip and Baseline operations now have "N" and "P" commands, to select
the next or previous frame for display.
- The corners of panels can now be dragged into place, instead of just clicking
- When pasting labels from one panel into a panel of a different size, labels
now keep the same actual size, rather than the same proportions relative to the
- A new symbol font, special2, has been added.
- A shadowing feature has been added to get a filled-in look in large-sized text.
- The "m" is now narrowed when the default font (roman)
is used in non-proportional mode.
- Large B-sized plots are now handled correctly.
Layout used to get confused about the page size if you didn't do a
"View/Graphics" before a "Plot/Plotter".
- HPGL files can be exported to Corel Draw by passing them through the
"replot -s" filter.
- Support for the X Window System has been added to
all the graphics programs in the package.
Systems supported so far are:
Concurrent 5000, 6000 and 7000 series systems with SP-X11,
and, for analysis only, NeXT systems with co-Xist or some other X server.
- Two new run file maintenance utilities were added to the package:
salvagerun, and trimfrms.
- A new command, getsplat, allows you to get spike latency data from
multiple traces in a run.
- The dashpens command has been added, to substitute pen changes in an HPGL
file with line-type changes.
Directory of What's New Listings
SCRC WWW administrator:
Copyright © G. R. Detillieux, Spinal Cord Research Centre, The University of Manitoba.