Recent Changes to SCRC Data Capture and Analysis Software
(From January 2016 to November 2017)
G. R. Detillieux
Spinal Cord Research Centre,
The University of Manitoba,
Winnipeg, Canada R3E 0J9
- Added ability to specify a delay to start of stimulator triggering,
and a post-trigger delay, when using that feature on the NI USB DAQ devices.
The triggering has also been improved to ignore signal jitter close to the
threshold level, to avoid false triggering.
- Fixed calibrate program's networked capture support to
properly reorder bytes of samples read from capture server.
This bug primarily affected NI DAQ supported devices,
which rely on a networked capture server, causing them to calibrate incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Tic cal." feature to hang
in chanmon when the calibration height or level was negative.
- Added support for Phidgets load sensors in the Windows version of the
data capture server software.
- Fixed error handling in the Comedi driver support in Linux version of the
data capture server, so errors during device setup are properly reported to
the user. Added support for Comedi-supported devices that don't handle
asynchronous analog input (Comedi command mode), but only software-timed
sampling (used for testing Contec ADI16-4 device).
- Added the smr2run conversion program to import data from CED Spike2
SON-format (.smr) data files.
- Updated axon2run to handle ABF2 format files.
Fixed not to reduce resolution of waveform data (unless requested).
Added new option arguments -a and -l, for automatic selection of trace
conversion, and for lower resolution output,
and -h option to dump header contents.
Fixed handling of scaling factors to avoid dividing by zero when scaling
Fixed file name handling to work with very long file names and avoid buffer
- Changed setting of Y-axis scale lower & upper bounds for traces and waveforms,
so that you can now select a list of trace/waveform numbers to apply the new
setting to several signals at once, rather than just one at a time.
- When running an analysis that requires waveform parameters that haven't been
set, the analysis program now gives a more meaningful error message, rather
than just saying it can't open the waveform parameter file.
- Added "Notch filtering" option to Maint/Filter.
Added extra parameter setting options to Maint/Filter/Visually, including a
"go & show" option to display the filtered waveform, overlaid on the original,
with an option to keep or reject it.
- The Maint/Reframe and Maint/Trim operation now copy and/or update the run
description for runs that they create or overwrite.
- Changed the setting of the intial value of the "Max. W.F. section" parameter
for longer runs, to avoid having the waveforms displayed in more than
5 sections by default.
- Changed the initial value for "Display resolution" to 0,
to no longer limit waveform display resolution by default.
- Clarified and updated the help page for "Average W.F. ampl. vs cycle" to better
explain the Amplitude value reported at the top of the graph.
Corrected the initial values in the help pages for the
"Second W.F. bursts" and "Second W.F. trains" parameters.
Updated and expanded the help pages for "Display resolution" and
"Max. W.F. section".
- Added new feature to gensspp to reread angle data from a .csv file, rather
than waveforms in a run, to either reanalyze saved angle data extracted from
waveforms previously (using gensspp -ang), or to analyze angle data
not originating from waveforms.
- Added a new -sb option to gensspp, to plot several burst positions per cycle.
Fixed a bug in the default mode of gensspp (no -s or -sb option) to force
normalization of burst start times, to prevent incorrect times being plotted
if normalization was turned on in the run's saved analysis parameter file.
- Updated wf2wav, wf2mp3 and wf2dsp to work with new versions of sox and lame,
and new sound output device on Red Hat EL 7 and other recent Linux systems,
keeping compatibility with Cygwin and older Linux systems.
- Improved getrundata script's time tag parsing and date detection.
Rewritten for better speed and reliability, including proper handling of
spaces in file names.
- Tested under recent Linux releases: Fedora 22 & 23.
Further testing under Scientific Linux (RHEL) 7.
Tested and updated building scripts for recent Ubuntu and Debian systems.
- Fixed gsprint handling on Cygwin to work with 32-bit gsprint.exe
on 64-bit Windows systems.
- Fixed hpgl2svg's handling of text labels to scale text that's stretched or
shrunken vertically by HPGL SR command, adjusting it to better match scaling of
text rendered by hpgl2xpm and xhpgl.
Added -w and -h options to hpgl2svg for choosing rendered image size.
- Added handling for -A, -B, -A3 & -A4 page size options to hpgl2gif.
- Updated ftype command to recognize various old and new ABF and SMR data files.
- Fixed salvagerun to properly update the start time field in the .frm file
from the .rhd file.
Directory of What's New Listings
SCRC WWW administrator:
Copyright © G. R. Detillieux, Spinal Cord Research Centre, The University of Manitoba.