Recent Changes to SCRC Data Capture and Analysis Software
(From January 2014 to December 2015)
G. R. Detillieux
Spinal Cord Research Centre,
The University of Manitoba,
Winnipeg, Canada R3E 0J9
- New features in chanmon:
Numeric display feature, showing voltage values to the right of each waveform;
Bin overlay feature in multi-bin, auto-tagged capture.
- Added a start time field to the run header for captured files, to show the
date and time the data capture started.
This time is displayed by View/Calibration in analysis or qm, as well as by
frmsel, dumprun, lsrun, and getrundata (using -t option for latter two).
- Added support for stimulator triggering in cap and chanmon, using the
networked capture server for the NI USB DAQ devices.
This allows monitoring of one captured channel, such that when the signal level
rises above a specified threshold, a signal on the DAQ device's digital output
can trigger a stimulator.
The NI USB devices are the only supported A/D devices that currently can do
this without excessive lag due to A/D buffering (approx. 5-20 ms).
- Added support for a native Windows version of the NI DAQmx data capture server
software, due to problems linking DAQmx code with current versions of Cygwin
- Fixed file name incrementing in cap to work properly after networked capture
on Mac OS X.
- Fixed a very intermittent hanging problem in the non-networked capture version
of chanmon when running PowerDAQ at very high rates of capture and display.
- Fixed a problem in chanmon that caused it to hang or crash when recording a run
of less than half a second long.
- Fixed calculation of averaged graph bins to use double precision floating
point sums, rather than long integer, to avoid overflow when graphing
large ranges of high sampling rate data into few bins.
- Added new options to gensspp to plot average angles for a number of runs,
to limit the number of cycles used per run,
and to do statistical analysis of dispersion across two or more runs.
- Changed X Window based applications (xhpgl, analysis, raster, wtsum, peel, qm,
frmsel, layout, isopot) to display names of file(s) being worked on, in the
window title bar.
- Changed xhpgl (hpgl2mcd on X Window displays) to redraw the plot when
the window is resized.
- Added option to dumprun: -s to suppress deleted frames from dumped data.
- Changed how qm's Run/Calc feature handles trace data index subscripts,
rounding to the nearest integer rather than treating non-integer subscripts
as an error.
- Tested under recent Linux releases: Fedora 20 & 21,
and Scientific Linux (RHEL) 7.
Directory of What's New Listings
SCRC WWW administrator:
Copyright © G. R. Detillieux, Spinal Cord Research Centre, The University of Manitoba.